Many believe, and perceive, we are experiencing, the most polarized, divided nation, at least, since the American Civil War! Especially, in these last four years, during the administration of President Donald Trump, we have witnessed, apparently, very little interest in trying to cooperate, and seek a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, but, rather, lots of inflammatory,domowyogrod rhetoric (which some felt was populist), and, an overall, negative atmosphere, of, us – versus – them! Instead of the United States, many perceive divided ones, referring to certain places, as red states, while others, as blue ones! After, one of the most contentious, Presidential elections, of recent memory, and, certainly, the most antagonist, after – math, of the election, and one candidate, who constantly, accuses and blames others, while articulating, clearly fake, unsubstantiated news, we need some semblance of a restoration of sanity, and sane leadership, which brings Americans together, instead of dividing, and polarizing! President Joe Biden must prioritize, seeking to UNIFY, by being, calm, clear, and comforting, and bringing people together, for the common good! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Urgent; urge/ urging; unite; understand; useful: The next President, and, hopefully, future ones, will be prepared, and willing, to prioritize urgent issues, rather than any personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest! He must urge, all of us (both his supporters, and everyone else), to unite, and try to understand other perspectives, concerns, etc! When the urgings, are useful, and unifying, the nation, and its citizens, benefit, in the longer – run!
2. Needs: We must begin to identify, true priorities, and needs, and emphasize these, proactively! We can’t ignore, relevant, sustainable issues (such as protecting the environment, Climate, etc), for the sake of populist, short – term, political gains!
3. Integrity; issues; instructs; ideals; imagination; ideology: People are more willing to listen, and follow, when they believe, and perceive, a leader has genuine, absolute integrity! Issues must be addressed, proactively, rather than ignored, or distorted! The President must realize, it is his responsibility, to instruct others, in a way, which aligns, the nation’s core ideology, with well – considered, relevant imagination!
4. Future; fair – minded; flourish; fruition: United States Presidents have the responsibility to address present needs, etc, while realizing, what he does (or doesn’t), has an effect on our future! He must be, both, truly, as well as perceived as, being, fair – minded, and, do, what he can, to bring the best results, and make things, flourish! Measure one’s leadership, by whether, the best results, and plans, are brought, to fruition!
5. Yes; you; your: If one wants to serve, in the highest office, in our land, he must recognize, this is your responsibility, and it is not acceptable, to resort to blaming, and complaining! You must earn trust, and respect, by showing, you care about the best interests, of the nation, and all its citizens! Our President must be ready, willing, and able, to say, yes, to the best possibilities, approaches, and courses of action!
We must all hope, and pray, the next President, is able to restore sanity, and true leadership, to this nation! Joe Biden must prioritize, being able to UNIFY us, for the greater good, in a relevant, sustainable manner!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written th